Ganden Centre offers many wonderful things to the people of Calderdale and surrounding areas, but we are only able to do this through the kindness of volunteers. As a Buddhist community this Centre was created by kindness and is maintained by that kindness!
Volunteering at Ganden Centre not only helps us but it also brings many benefits for you as well. Everything you do to help Ganden Centre is dedicated to the benefit of all living beings – so you get such a lot of blessings from helping out, no matter how small your actions seem!
Check out the various ways to volunteer below and if you are interesting in helping out in any way, either coming in or helping from home – please contact email@example.com
Ways to Volunteer:
- Volunteer on a regular or casual basis
- Volunteer to take on a particular role or area
- Join in a Centre Cherishing event
- Come and stay as a long-term live-in volunteer
Volunteer on a regular or casual basis
Here are some ideas of how you can get involved:
- Doing reception for Friday lunchtime and Saturday morning classes
- Assisting in the shop so we can open the shop during the week
- Doing odd jobs around the Centre
- General cleaning & tidying each week – from watering the plants to spring cleans there’s something everyone can do!
- Helping us reach more people through our social media accounts
- Keeping our website up to date and running smoothly
- Making beautiful images for our classes and courses
- Fundraising – as a charity we always need help with this!
- The ways to get involved are endless…
Volunteer to take on a particular role or area
If there’s a particular area you’d like to take responsibility for then please get in touch for a chat – we’d be delighted to hear from you! For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join in a Centre Cherishing event
Next one is on Sat 26 June 11:30am – 1:30pm
All are welcome to cherish the centre through volunteer work. This may mean cleaning, decorating, renovating, or helping with publicity – whatever you wish to do.
Centre Cherishing is a great way to support Ganden Kadampa Buddhist Centre and to get to know the community. Refreshments are provided.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to come to Centre Cherishing.
Come and stay as a long-term live-in volunteer
If you’d like to come and volunteer for a few weeks or months there’s the option of staying at the Centre as a working visitor. You would have your own room in exchange for 35 hours work each week. For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org