Teacher Training Programme (TTP), offers practitioners of Kadampa Buddhism the opportunity to study deeply, gain practical experience of both Sutra and Tantra; also, if they wish, to train to become qualified Dharma Teachers. It’s not just for those who wish to teach formally though, because we all teach through our example and the advice we give to friends and family. TTP gives us great confidence in our own practice and in our ability to explain Kadam Dharma to others.
The programme consists of a dynamic combination of teachings, meditations, discussion and teaching skills classes providing a multi-faceted approach to the development of authentic spiritual experience.
Students on the programme undertake to:
- Complete the study of all the subjects without interruption;
- Attend every study and revision class or retreat session;
- Study and memorize the essential points of each subject;
- Sit the examination at the end of each course;
- Complete the specified meditation retreats;
- Maintain the moral discipline of (at least) the five lay precepts on the premises
All Resident Teachers of Kadampa Buddhist Centres follow this in-depth programme of study and practice.
The programme comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding fourteen commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and The New Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
We are currently studying Tantric Grounds and Paths taught by our Resident Teacher.
Restarting Thursday 8th September
TTP Retreat Dates – Lamrm 23-24 September; Vajrasattva 25-26 November
For more information and enrolment please email email@example.com
Thursday 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Included in Standard Membership, £30 per month
Ganden Buddhist Centre Halifax.
Kadam Mike Garside