These Saturday morning classes are an opportunity to attend classes in-person at Ganden Kadampa Buddhist Centre.
If you are vulnerable in any way we suggest that you choose one of our online class options instead
Advance booking is required.
10:00-11:15am on Sat 12th, 19th, 26th June
Finding Your Spiritual Spark
Lost your spark? This short series of classes will look at spiritual practices taught by Buddha that help us to recover our inner strength, collect our thoughts and see things in perspective. Through engaging in these practices we can feel confident, motivated and inspired to improve ourself and benefit others.
Each class will include a guided breathing meditation to relax and quieten our mind; a short, thought-provoking teaching; and a guided, contemplative meditation to help us think deeply about the topics and draw positive conclusions to carry into our daily life.
Week One: Sat 12th June – Finding Lasting Happiness
Week Two: Sat 19th June – Energising our Meditations
Week Three: Sat 26th June – Living Lightly With Wisdom
£5 per class – BOOKING COMING SOON
Pre-book only as spaces are extremely limited due to social distancing measures.
The teacher is Buddhist nun Kelsang Chogma, the Resident Teacher for Ganden Kadampa Buddhist Centre in Halifax. She has been practising and teaching meditation and Kadampa Buddhism for over twenty years.
Chogma was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 2009 by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and serves as a wonderful example of the ordained way of life in the modern world. She is loved for her joyful enthusiasm and gentle skill in guiding meditations.
Please take note of the following safety rules before you book:
- Face-masks must be worn in the building – please remember to bring a face covering with you. If you forget to bring your own, we can supply one for a donation.
- Seating will be 1-2m apart so spaces are limited – attendance is strictly by pre-booking only
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 – 10 minutes before the first session start time
- Hand-sanitizer will be provided & temperatures taken on entrance to the building
- Contact details will be required on arrival for test and trace purposes
- Social distancing must be maintained in the meditation room between sessions
- If you have been diagnosed with Covid-19 or have developed symptoms (principally high temperature, persistent cough, loss of smell or taste among others) within the last 14 days, or, if you live with/or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or had symptoms of Covid-19 within the last 14 days, please do not attend.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.